Good Melon is passionate about providing personalized, affordable services to small museums, historical societies, archives, and cultural organizations. We can work with your organization on one-time projects and programs as well as recurring or long-term projects.
The strategic planning process can be an exciting, clarifying, stressful, and confusing time for your organization. Whether you are looking for a complete overhaul of your organization's mission, vision, and values, or hoping to carve out the time and funds for a few specific projects, Good Melon can help you from the initial brainstorming stages to evaluation.
- Mission, vision, and values statements
- Governance and board assessments
- Board and stakeholder brainstorming sessions
- Action plans and evaluation tools
- Brand assessments
Good Melon can help your organization find the balance between collections security and access. We assess both the physical needs of your historical materials, as well as the accessibility and usefulness of these materials to researchers and the general public.
- Collections assessments and research
- Database and metadata work
- Cataloging and catalog style guides
- Deaccession plans
- Collections policy development
- Collections access and interpretation
There are countless ways for organizations to engage with their local and global communities via print and digital materials, social media platforms, and webpages. It is often difficult to know where to start and how to use limited resources to make the desired impact. Good Melon can assist with creating consistent messaging, engaging storytelling, and professional and accurate content from monthly newsletters to Instagram posts.
- Organization style guides
- Social media account management
- Web content creation
- Print and digital marketing
- General editing
Do you need another pair of eyes to look over a grant proposal, or have exhibit panel texts that need fine-tuning? Are you a non-historical organization looking for strategic planning or collections management services? Contact us at email@example.com.